Nutella and breadsticks are my ultimate indulgent snack. I’ve even been known (quite frequently!!) to eat it on it’s own, the jar of yumminess calls to me each time I pass the cupboard!!! Imagine my excitement when I realised I could make my own!
Here’s the recipe:
- 5 oz hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g dark or milk choc choc
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- salt to taste\2tbsp veg oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 mins until lightly brown
- Allow to cool completely
- Pop the nuts in a blender and whizz until they form a smooth (ish) paste
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water
- Continue to blend the nuts in the mixer as you add in the chocoloate, honey, oil, vanilla essence and salt.
- The mixture starts out fairly runny but sets as it cools so pour into a jar immediately.
Voila you have made nutella! Perfect for toast, pancakes, banana splits, breadsticks and more!
Note: If your child has a dairy allergy use dairy free dark chocolate….. it’s still yummy! Xx