Check out these bourbon biscuits, they’re so easy to create!
Even better still, they taste so great!
Quick and easy for little ones, plus affordable too,
Be sure to save one, just for you!
Fancy mixing up the classic bourbon biscuits ever so slightly?! Add a dash of colour by using pink food colouring!
What you will need:
125g soft unsalted butter
125g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
250g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
For the filling:
150g unsalted butter, softened
360g icing sugar, sifted
5 tbsp cocoa powder
pink food colouring
How to make bourbon biscuits:
- Begin with beating the butter and sugar together until it forms a creamy consistency. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Next, if the mixture looks a little bit dry add a splash of milk and it should come together as a dough.
- Next, line 3 baking trays, dust lightly with flour before then rolling and patting one-third of the dough out. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Now, heat the oven to 180c/160c fam/gas 4. Slide the dough of the trays and put a new piece of parchment on each. So your dough is straight, trim the edges ever so slightly before then cutting into rectangles. Once you have done this, place them carefully on to the tray making sure to leave a bit of space between each one as they will expand.
4. Next, take a cocktail stick and use it to create a pricked pattern.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then leave to cool on the sheet. Sprinkle over some sugar.
6. Whilst the biscuit is cooling, it’s time to make the filling! Beat the butter and icing sugar together, then divide the mixture into three. Add the cocoa to one, a dot of pink food colouring to another, and leave the last one plain. Spoon each one into the piping bag and snip the corner off.
7. Once the biscuit has completed cooled, pipe the icings into half of them and sandwich together with the other halves. Leave to set for a bit and then enjoy!! They make a super yummy afternoon snack.
Have you baked something yummy recently? We’d really love to know Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!