Head to start line to begin the race,
Make sure you keep at the right pace!
Whether you hop, jump or run,
Sports Day will be lots of fun!
If you’re thinking of a summer birthday party idea or a fun outdoor activity, what about planning a sports day? I’m sure kids will love this idea!
Where to host?
To have your perfect sports day, you need to have a grassy area which is big enough to do the races. I think the perfect place for this is a back garden or a park which has a grassed area! As long as there is enough room to do some races, anywhere is fine. Make sure to check that the weather is nice and warm before you plan your Sports Day!
Some Sporty Decoration Ideas!
To make your Sports Day even more fun you could make some decorations! Make some bunting to hang around saying Sports Day along with making flags for the spectators to use when watching the races. You could even make the flags as a pre sports day activity when everyone arrives!
Sports Day Races!
I’ve thought of some races for you to do which don’t require much equipment! Remember to set a marker of where the race ends. A good finishing point could be the end of the garden or you could place two chairs on either end to make a finish line. Here’s my list of some activities which I think will go down a treat!
- Egg & Spoon race
- Wheelbarrow race
- Space hopper race
- Bean bag throwing
- Hula hoop challenge
- Dribbling a football around cones
Who Doesn’t Love A Prize?
It wouldn’t be Sports Day without a prize for the winner! You can either buy some plastic medals, which you can get here or why not make your own? An idea for making your own would be making biscuit medals out of shortbread and icing them to make them look like medals! If you decide to make biscuit medals, make sure there’s enough for everyone!
After Race Snacks!
After all that excitement and running around, I bet everyone is hungry! Some healthy after sports snacks you can find from our blogs are:
- Ham and Cheese Twists, this simple snack will go down a treat! Find the recipe here.
- Fruit Ice Lollies, after all that running, try out these refreshing fruit ice lollies. Make them yourself!
- Banana Nice Cream, who doesn’t love ice cream? Try this healthy alternative here!
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bites, these apple treats are perfect for peanut butter lovers! Why not try the recipe yourself!
- Homemade Hummus and Vegetables to Dip, hummus is a great way to get kids to eat vegetables! Find the recipe here.
What have you been up to lately? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!