Sausage rolls not for you?
These veggie rolls are pretty scrumptious too,
Easy to make and perfect for a lunchtime treat!
These savoury snacks will be hard to beat!
1 pack of ready to roll puff pastry
1 tin of butter beans
1 courgette, grated
50g of spinach.
75g of grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 7/ 200F.
2. Put the beans, grated courgette, spinach and cheese into a bowl and mash together using a fork or potato masher.
3. Stir in the yolk of the egg (keep the white aside) and season with some salt and pepper.
4. Lay the pastry on a worktop with the long edge closest to you and spoon the mixture into a long sausage-like shape about 2.5cm from the edge.
5. Roll the pastry into a sausage-shaped roll and cut into 8 equal smaller rolls.
7. Transfer to a baking tray with the join at the bottom and brush the top of the pastry with the egg white.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown!
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!