Fancy making a sweet treat that’s simple and yummy,
These mars bar squares will be sure to rumble your tummy!
Easy to make with the kids and chocolatey too!
Make sure the kids leave some for you!
4 Mars Bars (chopped)
400g of chocolate (Dairy Milk is my favourite)
1 teaspoon of golden syrup
100g unsalted butter
150g Rice crispies
Square baking tray
1. Prepare a 20cm tin by lightly greasing with butter and lining with baking paper.
2. In a heatproof bowl over some boiling water melt the chopped mars bars, butter and golden syrup. (Don’t worry if the nougat from the mars bars hasn’t fully melted.)
3. Slowly stir in the rice crispies into the melted mars bar mixture making sure all are covered.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking tray and press down firmly. (I used a spatula or potato masher to do this)
5. Meanwhile, in another heatproof bowl heat the chocolate over a bowl of boiling water.
6. Pour melted chocolate onto the Rice Krispie mixture and use a spatula to spread the chocolate to cover the top completely. You may need to do this quickly as the chocolate hardens pretty fast!
7. Place the tin in the fridge for up to 2 hours until the rice crispies are set and the chocolate is hard.
8. Take the mixture out of the tin using the baking paper and cut into squares!
⭐️⭐️ Storage: I find these treats are best served chilled, so I like to keep them in the fridge. ⭐️⭐️
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!