Looking for a twist on a traditional pancake?
This rainbow pancake cake is simple to make!
A yummy treat and super cute too,
Just be sure to make enough for all of you!
Do something different this pancake day and give our rainbow pancake cake a go! This pretty rainbow version will interest even the fussiest eaters and young children will love helping you to ‘layer’ up this cake!
What you will need:
pinch of salt
Large tub of greek yoghurt
Food colouring ( 4 or more colours!)
Strawberry or raspberry coulis/ sauce
How to make the pancakes:
1. Mix together the ingredients to make a smooth batter
2. Divide the batter in 4 bowls (or more depending on the number of food colours you have)
3. Put a few drops of food colour into the first bowl and mix. Repeat with the other colours/ bowls so that you end up with 4 batters in different colours
4. Heat a small pan and add a few drops of cooking oil
5. Take a few spoons of batter and swirl in the pan to create your first coloured pancake. Remove from pan and put on a plate to cool
6. Repeat until you have at least 12 coloured pancakes.
The fun bit!
- Take a cooled pancake and place on a plate, smooth over a good helping of greek yoghurt. Add another pancake on top and repeat the process. Layer the pancakes with the greek yoghurt to create the ‘cake’. You may want to stop part way and place your unfinished cake in the freezer for 10 mins to ‘stabilise’ the cake.
2. Once the cake layers are complete, place the cake in the freezer for about 1 hour.
3. After this remove from the freezer, drizzle with raspberry coulis (I’m pretty sure honey or melted chocolate would also work really well!) and eat!
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to have a go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!