Here’s a great craft idea for you and the kids to do together,
It’s fun, easy and great to do outdoors in this lovely weather!
Take a look at our simple step by step guide,
Once complete, let us know what creative ideas you tried!
What you will need:
Felt tip pens (any will work!)
Kitchen roll sheets
How to make:
- Begin with taking a piece of kitchen roll and folding it in half. On the top half of the sheet and using a sharpie pen draw the outline of an object or picture. TOP TIP: Pop either a piece of paper or cardboard (whatever you have to hand) underneath your kitchen roll when drawing, this will protect the surface underneath and stop any pen going through
Here are a few examples of thing you could draw. Flowers, animals, cars are all great designs that are nice and simple but large enough to be effective!
2. Once you have finished drawing the outline of your picture, open up the kitchen roll. Inside you will see that the image has come through and is visible. Colour this in using felt tip pens.
3. Now, get creative and create a few more! I created a total of 4 but you can create as many as you would like. Once your little ones have done the whole experiment once they will be wanting to do it over and over again.
Once all your drawings and colouring is done its time to move on to the next stage- the experiment!!! You will need a plate or tray – make sure this is white and does not have any patterns as this could stop the effectiveness of the experiment.
4. Next, fill a jug with water and pour a shallow amount of water onto your plate or tray.
5. Now, making sure your piece of kitchen roll is folded over in half carefully place in into the water. You should (like magic) then start to see the outline of your picture fill with lovely colours.
6. Make sure to take a picture of your magical drawings! We’d love to see them!
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to have a go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!