“I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date!”
We must say these afternoon tea recipes are great,
Hold a Mad Hatter’s tea party with drinks and sandwiches galore,
An afternoon your kids will remember for forevermore!
Here are some fun recipes to help make your Alice in Wonderland Themed ‘Mad Hatter’s Tea Party’ memorable and extra special for your little ones. It’s a super fun activity to do with your family one afternoon in the sun.
‘Alice’s fruity Magic Potion’
This sweet and glittery fruit drink is sure to be a hit amongst children and adults alike!
What you will need:
Lemonade, fruit cordial or squash of your choice, a selection of berries of your choice, mini- milk bottles or similar, and edible glitter.
How to make:
1. Firstly, start by cutting and preparing the fruit.
2. Then split the fruit evenly into the bottles.
3. Next, pour a little fruit cordial or squash into the bottles, be careful not to make it too strong!
4. Now, top up your bottles with the lemonade! (You can add a little water if it is too sweet!) Then give the drinks a good stir using a stirrer or spoon.
5. Now add some edible glitter and a strawberry to the top for decoration.
Voila, serve with some ice and Enjoy!
Cheshire Cat’s Chessboard Sandwiches
These yummy checker-board sandwiches are sure to impress and have you grinning like a Cheshire cat! Here’s how we made them:
You will need:
White bread, brown bread, sandwich fillings of your choice, black olives, and red pepper
How to make:
- Firstly, start by cutting your pepper into 4 diamonds and 4 hearts and then your olives into 4 spades and 4 clubs ( the olive part is a bit tricky but whatever shape you manage will still give the same effect!)
2. Set these aside, it’s time to make your sandwiches- make up 2 sets of 4 sandwiches using a total of 16 slices of bread in total. You can use whichever fillings you like in each sandwich, we used cream cheese and cucumber in ours as its a classic afternoon tea choice!
3. Next, cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 squares.
4. Then to finish, arrange the sandwiches alternating the white and brown bread and add the hearts, diamond, spades and clubs to finish!
Wow! These checkerboard Alice in Wonderland themed sandwiches will really stand out on the party table!
And finally, no Mad Hatter’s tea party would be complete without these yummy and super simple teacup biscuits! We’ve put together a quick video tutorial on how to make these, watch it here!
Have you got some great themed afternoon tea ideas? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to have a go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!