Fancy baking a simple snack?
Why not give these tasty granola bars a crack!
They are soft, chewy & really yummy,
Get the kids involved too so they can help Mummy!
What you will need (makes 12 bars):
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup whole almonds coarsely chopped
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 teaspoon rock salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chocolate chips
How to make:
- Begin with preheating your oven to 350 degrees F/ 180C/gas mark 4. Line a baking tin with baking parchment and then lightly spray with cooking spraying or oil.Add oats and almonds to your baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Stir and bake for a further 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Next, put the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt all into a small saucepan over medium heat. Make sure to stir occasionally until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Now, pour the butter mixture into the large bowl with baked oats and almonds in.
4. Mix well, before leaving to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Next, add cranberries and mini chocolate chips and stir well! Don’t worry if your chocolate chips melt a bit – this is fine as they help to hold the bars together!
6. Now, transfer the oat mixture into a lined pan. Using either a rubber spatula or your fingertips firmly press the mixture into the pan. Top Tip: Make sure to press nice and hard as this way the bars will stay together once cooled and cut!
7. Finally, scatter the remaining chocolate chips over the pressed granola mixture and use your spatula once again to gently press them into the top. Cover and then place it into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove the block of granola mixture from the pan and cut into 12 bars!
…and enjoy! Make sure to store the bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week!
🌟 Thank you so much to Kathryn Adrill for this amazing recipe! 🌟
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!