If you’re looking for some family fun,
Why not plan a picnic in the sun!
Try this recipe, I’m sure you’ll adore,
And will have the kids asking for more!
Going on a picnic in the summer is the perfect family activity – plus very cost-efficient! When making sandwiches, why not have a go at making a picnic loaf? Picnic loaves are not only extremely delicious, but they’re also great at keeping all your sandwich fillings inside the bread! Why not get the kids involved in making the loaf? Don’t forget to send us your pictures of you enjoying a picnic with your picnic loaves!
You will need:
2 red peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
20g semi-dried tomatoes
800g unsliced white bloomer
8 salami slices
8 cheddar slices
- First, preheat the oven to 180ºC fan. Next cut the red pepper into halves and then quarters and place on a roasting tin. Next, slice the courgette and also place on the roasting tin. Drizzle a little olive oil, season with black pepper and mix it all together on the roasting tin! Roast the vegetables for 15-20 minutes until they are nice and soft.
2. Next, drain your sun-dried tomatoes and chop up small. Add your sundried tomatoes to the other vegetables, mix it all up and set to the side to cool.
3. Grab your bloomer and with a knife, horizontally slice the very top off the loaf. Make sure that an adult does this part! After, scoop out the middle of the loaf and leave 2cm edge all the way around.
4. Take your roasted vegetable mixture and spoon 1/3 of the mixture into the bread. Make sure to press down firmly so it goes all the way to the bottom!
5. Next, take your cheddar slices and salami slices and place into the bread, then add some rocket leaves and press down. Add another 1/3 of the roasted vegetables and then add your prosciutto. Finish the bread with the remaining rocket and roasted vegetables.
6. Finally, place the top back on the loaf and wrap the whole loaf in clingfilm and foil to transport!
Enjoy your loaf at your lovely picnic!
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to have a go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!