Share a little love this Valentine’s Day,
with a heartfelt, handmade giveaway!
These heart biscuits are perfect for the kids to try,
with a little helping hand from Mum, who no doubt will be close by!
You don’t need many ingredients to make these perfect little gifts for Valentines! Give to Nanna’s, Grandad’s, Aunties’ and Uncle’s to show them they are loved! This recipe makes about 25 smallish Valentines heart biscuits, here’s how to make it…
What you will need:
110g caster sugar
275g plain flour
icing sugar and food colouring or pre-rolled icing
decorations such as sugar shapes or sprinkles
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Sift in the flour and mix until you create a firm dough
4. Flatten the dough (I used hands and the kids loved getting involved!).
5. Use cutters to create heart-shaped biscuits.
6. Put in the oven for 13 minute
7. Once cooled, mix Icing sugar with a small amount of water and a drop of food colouring to create a thick paste and spread on the biscuits.
8. Decorate your cookies with little stars, hearts or sprinkles!
And there you have it! I think they would look great in little gift bags or in a clear bag tied up with ribbon. (Unfortunately, I didn’t have any of those things, maybe next year, lol! xx)
❣️ Happy Valentine’s Day! ❣️
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want a go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!