These are some simple and fun tasty treats that you and the kids can make this Christmas.
Use cocktail sticks to hold these together, on my first attempt I tried to do it without and it was pretty much impossible.
Second tip would be to buy quite a firm and un-ripened banana so it’s easier to use as a base.
Last tip is that you can use whatever you’d like for the eyes, I used raisins as my daughter’s lactose intolerant, but chocolate buttons would also be yummy.
- A banana or two
- A bag or normal shaped marshmallows
- A handful of strawberries
- Cocktail sticks
- Sweets for eyes and nose
- Icing or edible paste to stick to sweets to the banana with
1) Chop the heads off the strawberries, chop the banana into 1 inch pieces and chop the marshmallows in two
2)Take one of the pieces of marshmallow and stick a cocktail stick in the middle of it pointing up
3) Spear a piece of banana onto the cocktail stick, then another piece of marshmallow, then the strawberry on top of that, with the widest part of the strawberry at the bottom.
4) Then squidge a little bit of your icing or edible paste onto the banana where you’d like to stick the eyes and nose and immediately pop the sweets on top of the icing.
5) End result: Maybe not completely professional looking but practice makes perfect!
Hope you have fun making some like we did. Post any photos of you attempts to the blog below!