It’s coming up to Father’s Day, but what should we do?
Let’s make some memories that will stick like glue!
From amazing adventures to seaside views,
We’ve found the best activities for you to choose.
1. Thames Rockets – Captain Kidd’s Canary Wharf Voyage
Looking for an action-packed adventure around some of London’s biggest attractions? The Thames rockets ‘Captain Kidd’s Canary Wharf Voyage’ seats you aboard the 12 seated RIB – this ultimate family pleaser takes you under many unique London Bridges and gives you a tour of some of London’s most famous landmarks! Book here!
2. Up at the O2, North Greenwich
Ever wondered what a sky-high view of London looks like? How about climbing the world-famous roof of the 02? At 52 metres above ground, this is the perfect activity for any adrenaline junkie… take in the view of London and spot landmarks from up to 15 miles away! From daytime to sunset climbs, and even twilight climbs, you can discover a different side of London’s skyline. Book here!
3. British Airways i360, Brighton
Perhaps you’re just looking for a beautiful South Coast view this Father’s Day… take a look at Brighton’s i360 tower, a glass pod suspended 138 metres above sea level! From the creators of the London Eye, this attraction is guaranteed to give you the best 360° view in Brighton. Book here!
4. Alton Towers Resort, Staffordshire
Treat the family to the ultimate rollercoaster heaven if you’re feeling fearless this Father’s Day. Operating for almost 200 years, Alton Towers is a specialist for endless fun and adventure! Take on the terrifying drops and speeds of Oblivion, Brave the world’s first freefall drop rollercoaster, or embrace the 14 loops of ‘The Smiler’. Book here!
5. Zip World, North Wales
Are your family feeling adventurous this Father’s Day? Located in the North Wales Conwy Valley, Experience the UK’s only alpine coaster of its kind nestled in a breath-taking woodland setting – Feeling a little more daring? You could even try Europe’s highest giant swing! Zip World is the perfect place for a family full of adrenaline junkies. Book here!
6. Wicksteed Park, Kettering
Located in Kettering, Wicksteed Park is an exhilarating day out suitable for the whole family. Featuring a unique, 4 zone structure, the park includes:
- An Adventure Zone – Meet the cute inhabitants of Meerkat Manor, explore a space adventure with the Minijets Space Academy, or go on a safari in your own mini Land Rover Defender!
- Heritage Zone – Fancy more traditional rides? Experience the thrill of the Wicksteed Park Railway, Sway Rider, Carousel, Classic Cars and so much more.
- Thrill Zone – This is the zone for a family of thrill seekers, stimulating rides such as: Rocky River Falls, Dinosaur Vallery rollercoaster, Dodgems, and even a paratrooper high ride!
- Splash Zone – Prefer water to land? The Splash Zone is for you! Don’t miss out on The Water Chute, Lake Boats, and Children Paddle Lakes.
Not only does Wicksteed have exciting rides, but it is also home to 147 acres of beautiful landscape for your family to explore! Book here!
7. National White Water Centre, Snowdonia National Park
Perfect for the active, sporty family. White water rafting is one of the best high-adrenaline activities that the UK has to offer! Visit Snowdonia national park for an unrivalled rafting experience – tackle the curves and bends of the rapids on your own family raft. Find out more.
8. Bear Grylls Adventure, Birmingham
What’s more adrenaline inducing than swimming with sharks? The Bear Grylls Adventure in Birmingham is a Father’s Day experience that will never be forgotten. Swim with sharks that grow up to 7 feet in length! And encounter over 1,000 creatures that live in the aquarium. Find out more.
9. SnowDome, Tamworth
Have you got little ones that you need to cater for this Father’s Day? SnowDome is a perfect fit for the whole family. The 170-metre main slope provides the best alpine surface to learn new and exciting sports! From complete novice, to seasoned expert, the SnowDome instructors cater for all experience levels to ensure you have the best day out and learn something new. Find out more.
10. Big Rock Hub, Milton Keynes
Finally, who else wants to try a new sport with their family? Big Rock Hub in Milton Keynes is the perfect choice for families who are looking to challenge themselves this Father’s Day. With hundreds of different colour-coded climbs, this massive indoor arena is suitable for families of all skill levels! Find out more.
What have you been up to? We’d really love to know! Someone else might love it, and really want to go! If you’ve got ideas, suggestions or reviews, you can shout all about it on whatever channel you choose!
Let’s go on a Picniq! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or tag us on Instagram using #PicniqUK! ❤️