As we are now well into Spring this is the best time of year to go out and see loads of different animals. Many attractions allow you to see and maybe even feed their newborns and there is nothing cuter than a little baby lamb or chick! So, we’ve brought together all our favourite places to meet animals up close and enjoy a great day out with play areas, activities and tasty food at some amazing locations.
1. Marsh Farm Animal Adventure Park – Chelmsford, Essex
With special events all year round Marsh Farm is a different experience every time you go. Don’t miss out on their 999 Days and May Half Term Pirates week available when you buy discounted tickets through us!
2. Paradise Wildlife Park – Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
An award-winning experience that lets you get up close and personal with animals from all over the world. Although don’t get too close at the big cat enclosure!
3. Liberty’s Owl, Raptor and Reptile Centre – Ringwood, Hampshire
One of the best collections of birds of prey, reptiles and creepy crawlies this is one of our favourite rainy day activities.
4. ZSL London – Regent’s Park, London
Set in the wide open space of Regent’s Park you’ll find gorillas, tigers, armadillos and more at ZSL London.
5. ZSL Whipsnade – Whipsnade, Bedfordshire
Explore over 600 acres and see over 2,500 animals at ZSL Whipsnade. With multiple play areas, a steam train and a farm yard you’ll have to drag them away at the end of the day!
6. Longleat – Warminster, Wiltshire
For a real safari experience Longleat is second to none! This drive-through experience allows you to get closer than ever before so your kids can get a real sense of the wild.
7. Welsh Mountain Zoo – Colwyn, North Wales
Be captivated by the birds’ flying displays, meet a family of chimps or watch the penguins waddle along.
8. Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park – Edgbaston, Birmingham
Committed to protecting and improving the welfare of animals the Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park is able to work with some endangered species of lemurs, monkeys and more.
9. Walby Farm Park – Carlisle, Cumbria
An award-winning, all-weather Farm Park in the North of England you can meet a whole host of rare breeds, raise your adrenaline on the 24 demon slide or bounce around on the trampolines.
10. Farmer Palmers – Poole, Dorset
The complete farm experience with everything from a bumpy tractor trailer ride to cow milking!
11. Cannon Hall Farm – Barnsley, South Yorkshire
So much more than just a farm, Cannon Hall offers outdoor and indoor adventure playgrounds, restaurants and working farmyard machinery!
12. Bristol Zoo Gardens – Clifton, Bristol
Get up close and personal with the gorillas, feed the lion or even adopt your favourite animal at Bristol Zoo.
13. Vauxhall City Farm – Central London
Nestled in the buzz of London Vauxhall City Farm is peaceful escape with fun and educational activities for children to see and interact with a wide range of farmyard animals.
14. Edinburgh Zoo – Edinburgh, Scotland
Set in 82 acres of parkland and home to over 1,000 rare and endangered animals one day just isn’t enough to see everything at Edinburgh Zoo.
15. Hobbledown Children’s Farm – Epsom, Surrey
For a more magical and mystical animal experience Hobbledown is the number one place to be.
16. Church Farm – Stow Bardolph, West Norfolk
Meet and play with tame animals and your little ones can even meet the little ones at close quarters.
17. Bucklebury Farm Park – Reading, Berkshire
With over 70 acres to explore in the stunning Berkshire countryside the Bucklebury Farm will keep the whole family entertained all day.
18. Marwell Zoological Park – Winchester, Hampshire
With one of the widest ranges of animals at Marwell you’ll be able to see tigers, leopards, giraffes, snakes, monkeys, penguins, zebra, rhinos and so much more!
19. Gorse Hill City Farm – Leicester
A registered charity and working farm dedicated to the welfare of its animals and giving something back to the local community the Gorse Hill City Farm is a trip worth taking this Summer.
20. Smithy’s Farm Shop – Preston, Lancashire
Home to tasty treats and cute ‘n’ cuddly animals Smithy’s Farm Shop is the ideal day trip for the young’uns this Summer.
21. British Wildlife Centre – Lingfield, Surrey
Learn about Britain’s vast and varied wildlife with over 40 different birds and animals both big, small, winged or bushy tailed.
22. Tropical Wings World of Wildlife – Chelmsford, Essex
A truly interactive experience, at this zoo your kids can join a keeper for the day for a more intimate introduction with the animals and their habitat.
23. Floralands Farm Park, Nottingham
Meet a whole array of animals such as llama, pigs, ducks, goats, cows, donkeys and even ride the miniature railway round the park.
24. Battersea Park Children’s Zoo, London
The perfect place for kids to meet their favourite animals and even learn about some new ones too!
25. Manor Farm & Woodlands – Loughborough, Leicestershire
With over 100 acres of land the Manor Farm & Woodlands offers not just animal delights but a stunning lake, picturesque meadow and a beautiful woodland to explore.
We hope that you find time to visit at least one of these attractions and as they really are a full and fun day out! And don’t forget to share your pictures with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, we’d love to see what you’ve been up to.