Have you noticed it’s got nippy over the last few days? Spring doesn’t officially begin until 20th March, so to embrace the chilly days, we’ve suggested some cool things to do as a family this winter!
1. Go outdoors and find a frosty spiders web (then make your own using PVA glue and silver glitter)
2. Make a puppet theatre using leftover Christmas cardboard, then create a puppet show
3. Create a bird feeder using a pine cone, lard and birdseed then take pictures of the birds as they feed in your garden!
4. Create your own puzzles. Stick a family photo, or a child drawn picture to card and cut it into shapes
5. Go bowling, it’s a great indoor activity that the whole family can enjoy!
6. Go to a castle and be a knight. Don’t forget to make a shield out of card and foil before you go!
7. Create a campfire and toast some marshmallows
8. Collect shells and create fun pictures on the beach, or in the forest with stones and twigs.
9. Teach your child to thread or sew, for younger children use cardboard with holes punched in it and string as thread.
10. Go on a scavenger hunt. Give children photos of things to find or set up written clues to help older children find items outside.
11. Visit a pottery café and create your very own masterpiece.